Commercial Real Estate
- Asset Managers & Operators
- Landlords & Tenants
- Buyers and Sellers
- Institutional and High Net Worth Investors
- Apartment and Condominium
- Solar Arrays
- Ground-up Construction
Purchases and Sales
- Represent stakeholders in acquiring or selling commercial properties
- Advise buyers and investors through due diligence, title review, negotiating purchase agreement, review of loan documents and closing transaction efficiently
- Counsel operators and other real estate professionals through due diligence, title review, negotiating purchase agreement, review of loan documents and closing transaction efficiently
- Draft and negotiate commercial leases on behalf of Landlords and Tenants
- Advise asset managers in developing form leases for their office, industrial, medical and other commercial properties
- Counsel tenants of a variety of size and sophistication through the commercial lease process
- Click here for our Leasing Handout
Equity and Debt Financing
In connection with an acquisition of a commercial property, review, draft or negotiate:
- Loan documents
- LLC, LP and other joint venture agreements
Land Use / Zoning
- Advise developers, buyers and other land owners with respect to land use and zoning issues
- Provide guidance with respect to applicable ordinances, or manage the engagement of local counsel
We are experienced in structuring and handling complex commercial real estate transactions, including:
- 1031 exchanges
- Institutional partners
- Multi-layered capital structure
- Title issues
We are closely in tune with commercial real estate market conditions in Greater Boston and Massachusetts.
Our attorneys are skilled in drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial leases in Massachusetts and New Hampshire on behalf of landlords and tenants. We represent sophisticated commercial real estate asset managers in developing their office, industrial and medical lease documentation, as well as executing transactions on their behalf. We have also represented and guided tenants of a variety of size and sophistication through the critical process of entering into a commercial lease.
Please email Erik Lien if you have any questions about a commercial lease transaction.
2017: By the Numbers
Advised landlords and tenants in the negotiation and leasing of over 500,000 square feet across 40 transactions in 2017.
On the Landlord Side
Over 350,000 square feet across 32 lease deals in 2017.
Diversity of Industry
Represent landlords and tenants in the following commercial real estate asset classes :
- Industrial / Flex
- Medical / Lab
- Apartment / Condominium
Representative Commercial Real Estate Transactions
155 Will Drive, Canton
Advised investment firm in recapitalizing, refinancing and leasing entire industrial / flex property to a national tenant for 10+ years.
33 3rd Ave, Charlestown Navy Yard
Advised syndicated group in the complex acquisition of a Boston Redevelopment Authority ground lease for a large apartment building.
44 Temple Place, Boston
Represented investment firm in the acquisition of a mixed use building in
downtown Boston, followed by the successful leasing and ultimate disposition of the property.
23 Normac Road, Woburn
Represented California operating company in acquiring Woburn industrial building via a 1031 exchange.
1 Corporate Drive, Andover
Advised regional asset manager in the acquisition and leasing of Andover office building.
125 Lowell Street, Somerville
Represent developer and investors in the
acquisition and ongoing development of a site in premier Somerville location.
290 North Street, Boston
Counseled developer in the acquisition and conversion of a unique North End bed and breakfast into luxury condominiums, as well as the sale of units.