Commercial Real Estate
33 Third Ave., Charlestown
1900 Crown Colony Drive, Quincy
50 Congress Street, Boston
Commercial Real Estate
- Asset Managers & 0perators
- Landlords & Tenants
- Buyers and Sellers
- Institutional and High Net Worth Investors
Purchases and Sales
- Represent stakeholders in acquiring or selling commercial properties
- Advise buyers and investors through due diligence, title review, negotiating purchase agreement, review of loan documents and closing transaction efficiently
- Counsel operators and other real estate professionals through due diligence, title review, negotiating purchase agreement, review of loan documents and closing transaction efficiently
Equity and Debt Financing
In connection with an acquisition of a commercial property, review, draft or negotiate:
- Loan documents
- LLC, LP and other joint venture agreements
We are experienced in structuring and handling complex commercial real estate transactions, including:
- 1031 exchanges
- Institutional partners
- Multi-layered capital structure
- Title issues
- Apartment and Condominium
- Solar arrays
- Ground-up Construction
- Draft and negotiate commercial leases on behalf of Landlords and Tenants
- Advise asset managers in developing form leases for their office, industrial, medical and other commercial properties
- Counsel tenants of a variety of size and sophistication through the commercial lease process
Land Use / Zoning
- Advise developers, buyers and other land owners with respect to land use and zoning issues
- Provide guidance with respect to applicable ordinances, or manage the engagement of local counsel
We are closely in tune with commercial real estate market conditions in Greater Boston and Massachusetts.
Representative Commercial Real Estate Transactions
290 North Street, Boston
Counseled developer in the acquisition and conversion of a unique North End bed and breakfast into luxury condominiums, as well as the sale of units.
155 Will Drive, Canton
Advised investment firm in recapitalizing, refinancing and leasing entire industrial / flex property to a national tenant for 10+ years.
33 3rd Ave., Charlestown Navy Yard
Advised syndicated group in the complex acquisition of a Boston Redevelopment Authority ground lease for a large apartment building.
44 Temple Place, Boston
Represented investment firm in the acquision of a mixed use building in downtown Boston, followed by the successful leasing and ultimate disposition of the property.
23 Normac Road, Woburn
Represented California operating company in acquiring Woburn industrial building via a 1031 exchange.
1 Corporate Drive, Andover
Advised regional manager in the acquision and leasing of Andover office building.
125 Lowell Street, Somerville
Represented developer and investors in the acquisition and ongoing development of a site in premier Somerville locatioon.
Our attorneys are skilled in drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial leases in Massachusetts on behalf of landlords and tenants. We represent sophisticated commercial real estate asset managers in developing their office, industrial and medical lease documentation, as well as executing transactions on their behalf. We have also represented and guided tenants of a variety of size and sophistication through the critical process of entering into a commercial lease.
Please email Erik Lien if you have any questions about a commercial lease transaction.
"Jumbo Capital has trusted Erik and his team with commercial leasing acquisition and other commercial real estate legal work since 2014. We have an active asset management platform, and the firm's responsiveness and quick turnaround of documents is critical to our ability to add value for our properties and investors. We also count on Erik and the firm to keep us up to date on legal developments impacting our business. We hope and expect to enjoy many more years working and growing together."
- Jordan Berns, Partner
"Since the inception of our firm, Erik and his team have played a pivotal role - not only digently executing the transactions we have tasked them with, but also in providing strategic advice rooted in a deep understanding of our firm's mission, values, etc. Erik and his team have become so entrenched in what we do that they feel like an extension of our company and out clients recognize this dynamic - and the value of it."
- Michael Olseon, Partner
"Erik and his team have been an instrumental part of our growth and infrastructure. Whether it be drafting licensing agreements or structuring our corporate re-organization, they have consistently delivered and advised our team through the rapid development of our statup, CampusTap."
- Remy Carpinito, CEO
CampusTap and Esprezzo
"Erik and the firm have represented Powerhouse Capital in several key corporate legal projects, including preparing sophisticated partnership and financing documentation. We've appreciated the firm's responsiveness and attention to detail, and we greatly enjoy our working relationship."
- Eric Engdahl, Partner